Friday, March 13, 2009

First day of spring is March 20th.
This weather just drives me crazy, and now I have this stupid nagging cough I just got yesterday. Jackson has a runyy nose,a nd Bryan says he's not feeling great. Well I am going to be doing some major yard work and gardening this year. I have ordered 10 Hydrangeas and a couple apple trees, and Burr Oak from the local Department of Agriculture. If you need trees this is a great place to start out because they have this sale every year which ends today. The Hydrangeas are only 3.90 each and the trees are from 3-12.00 dollars which I have done a lot of shopping around and this isn't a bad deal. Especially the Hydrangeas. I have spent 20-30 dollars each on Hydrangeas before. I know these will be small, but well worth it. I love Hydrangeas- by far my favorite shrub. I am looking into getting one of those Butterfly Bushes mom bought one last year and the fragrance is unbelieveable and they have they prettiest cone shaped flowers on them. I have to find some stuff that requires full shade also. I am wanting to try some roses this year which worries me cause roses are the most finicky type of plant. I have heard all kinds of advice on roses, but the truth is no one really knows. It totally depends on your soil type which I have not had tested. They don't like direct watering because it causes what I call black mold. you really have to do base watering. Which I am a firm believer in sticking the sprinkler out and letting it do the work. I am also thinking of some climbing roses. Which are gorgeous if they make it and produce 100's of blooms. I don't know even where to get started sometimes I just know I have a lot of work ahead of me. Oh yeah and my vegetable garden forgot about that one. Details to come.

0 comments: