Monday, April 5, 2010

My favorite Knife


If you have ever wanted a really good chopping knife, but didn't want to spend a fortune this is the knife for you. I bought mine 2 years ago, and loved it right away. I went into http://www.distinctive-decor.com/ a new shop that opened in Duncan and couldn't believe how wonderful this place was. So many gadgets, and upscale products that you usually have to order. I told the guy I wanted a good knife to chop with and he took me right to the ceramic knives. I had never heard of ceramic knives. He took me over to his kitchen. Yes there is a small kitchen in the store with a counter top people can sit around or sample foods on. He got out a tomato out of the fridge and had me use the knife. He actually showed me how to properly hold it, and how to chop like the chefs on tv do. I even got one of my friends to buy one. I bought one for my mom for Christmas 2 years ago, and my sister got one a year ago. They all rave. My brother works for a restaurant supply company in Houston and he even loves it. The 5.5" Santoku which is the one shown runs $79.95, and I know you may think it is pricey, but I am telling you this is the best knife I have ever owned, and it also has a lifetime warranty, and when it gets dull (mine hasn't yet) you send it back to the company and they sharpen or replace it for you. They also make other sizes, and paring knives which will be my next purchase. 5 stars *****

0 comments: